The Port of Willapa Harbor was formed by the vote of the people of North Pacific County on May 31, 1928. The construction of the Port Dock between the cities of Raymond and South Bend soon followed with the dedication ceremony on October 8, 1930 (which also marked the official opening of the Raymond-Aberdeen highway). The primary function of the Port was to provide docking facilities and service for shipping logs and lumber in Raymond and to support commercial fishing and oystering in Tokeland and Bay Center.
In the intervening years the Port has expanded to include the Willapa Harbor Airport, the Dick Taylor Industrial Park and the Stan Hatfield South Fork Industrial Park. The Port currently has 31 industrial and commercial tenants and provides moorage to 85 boats.
The Raymond Port Dock is located on the Willapa River on US 101. Port facilities at this location include an historic 50,000 square foot, ‘high’ dock, which services an array of commercial vessels. In addition there are 700 feet of floating docks, which are available for moorage. The Port dock area has nine industrial buildings, which are leased to commercial/industrial tenants. The Port also has an industrial wastewater treatment plant. The Port facilities on the south bank of the Willapa River occupy 27 acres.Read more: Raymond Port Dock
The Port acquired a 30 acre former sawmill site and is currently working on a mixed-use redevelopment of the property located at the confluence of the South fork of the Willapa River. The triangular shaped park is located just north of US 101 in Raymond and is accessed from Wilson Street. The Port leases a kiln, planer, and shipping shed facilities to a local sawmill. The former mill machine shop has been completely renovated and now accommodates a health club, saw shop, offices and truck shop.Read more: Stan Hatfield South Fork Industrial Park
The Dick Taylor Industrial Park, is located on a 30-acre parcel fronting US 101 in Raymond. Approximately 10 acres has been developed for light industrial use. The park is also connected to the industrial wastewater pretreatment plant located at the main Port dock via a pumping station and force main. There are currently three industrial buildings on the site. The Port also owns the former Dennis Company warehouse located directly across SR 101 from the industrial park, a 9,000 square foot building in the City of South Bend. This industrial park has ample room to accommodate new light manufacturing businesses.Read more: Dick Taylor Industrial Park
The Tokeland marina, is located in the unincorporated community of Tokeland at the north of Willapa Bay. Tokeland is primarily a residential community with a population of 417. Tokeland is also the site of the Shoalwater Bay Indian Reservation, which is home to approximately 70 tribal members. The tribe owns and operates a small casino and health clinic. The Tokeland marina offers both recreational and commercial moorage. The Port facilities are on 40 acres and include two seafood servicing buildings, a light industrial building leased to Ambrosia Technologies, a public fishing pier, a high dock, and RV Park and boat ramp. A fish processing plant is located blocks away from the main Port dock. Port dock facilities provide local fishing and aquaculture industries access between land and water.Read more: Tokeland Marina
Bay Center is an unincorporated community located approximately 16 miles south of South Bend. Bounded by the Palix River and Willapa Bay, Bay Center is the geometric center of Willapa Bay and home to several commercial oyster-growing operations. In this community, commercial fishing and aquaculture dominates the marina. The Port facilities accommodate a thriving shell fish and crabbing industry. The current population of Bay Center is 317. A growing residential community, will present a number of opportunities for the Port and the community in the coming years. The Port owns no upland property in Bay Center.Read more: Bay Center Marina
The airport was built by the Coast Guard in 1946 and is located on SR105 five miles west of Raymond. It features an asphalt paved, 3000’, 52’-wide general aviation service runway on an East-West orientation with rotating beacon and radio-activated runway lights. Hanger space is available, along with tie-downs for five aircraft, and a pilot ready room with phone and rest room. The Port is currently expanding the area available for hangars.Read more: Willapa Harbor Airport